The application process for prospective families is as follows:
Sign up for a tour of the school facility, during which you will receive an informational packet telling about our program. Click here to sign up on Sign Up Genius
Fill out the application and submit a $75 application fee. Download a copy of the application below.
Download a copy of the teacher recommendation form which applies to the incoming grade of your child. Sign it and submit to your child's current teacher with a stamped envelope addressed to "Hilldale School" or ask the teacher to email or fax the school directly. The teacher should mail it, email it, or fax it directly to the school. The address and fax are on the application. The application is not complete without a teacher recommendation.
Once your application, fee, and recommendation form are received in the school office, the office will contact you to schedule a student assessment and observation should we be able to offer an assessment to your child. If we cannot provide an assessment for your child, the fee will be returned to you.
Entering Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten students visit the school for a morning classroom experience and an assessment of academic aptitude and readiness.
Entering 1st - 8th grade students visit the school for a full class day, a student interview, as well as reading, writing, and math assessments to determine placement. Students entering 1st-8th grades must show that they are able to handle a grade-ahead curriculum or should expect to be placed in the grade from which they are transferring.
- Applications of the siblings of current students are due on December 15, 2017.
- All other applications are due on January 16, 2018.
- Pre-K Students will be notified of acceptances on March 5, 2018.
- Pre-K registration is due on March 13, 2018.
- Kinder - 8th Grade Students will be notified of acceptances on March 14, 2018.
- Kinder - 8th Grade registration is due on March 23, 2018.
- Students transferring from another school will need to submit the following official documents at the time of the assessment:
- Results of standardized testing (Scores from SAT, CAT, IOWA, STAR, etc.)
- Behavior reports (if applicable)
- Results of any special testing
Students in our Pre-Kindergarten and siblings will have first priority for placement in our Kindergarten program for the following fall term.
Kindergarten assessments begin in January for the following fall term, and Pre-Kindergarten assessments begin in early February for the following fall term.
Registration Materials are due according to the ISSFBA calendar (see above) or one week after the child's acceptance if this occurs outside of the regular time frame.