Application Timeline and Process
Siblings have first priority for placement in our Kindergarten program for the following fall term.
*Kindergarten assessments begin in January for the following fall term.
*Registration Materials are due according to the ISSFBA calendar or one week after the child's acceptance if this occurs outside of the regular time frame. Hilldale School is a member of the Independent Schools of the San Francisco Bay Area (ISSFBA
) and abides by all of its rules and procedures.
APPLICATION DUE DATES:
- Applications are due on January 15th for all new students.
- Sibling applications are due on December 15th.
KINDERGARTEN - EIGHTH GRADE (K-8) DUE DATES:
- K-8 students will be notified of acceptances on Thursday, March 18th at 12:00 p.m. via email.
- K-8 DECISION WEEK is March 18 through March 24, 2021.
- Parents will have one week to make a decision, return their paperwork and deposit.
- Our Admissions Committee respects your right to make a decision during this week and will not contact you. You are welcome to reach out to us.
- K-8 registration is due on March 25, 2021 at 10 AM.
The application process for prospective families is as follows. Please note that numbers 1-6 (as applicable) must be completed and received prior to the application deadline:
Sign up for a tour
of the school facility by clicking HERE.
Or, if you prefer, please call 650-756-4737 or email email@example.com.
- Complete the Prospective Parent Informational Form.
- Download, Complete, and Submit the Kindergarten application or the 1st-8th Grade application.
- Sign & Email your child's current teacher the K - 1st Gr. teacher recommendation form or the 2nd-8th Gr. teacher recommendation form.
- The teacher must complete and send it directly to the school by email, fax, or mail. If a parent sends or delivers the form, it will not be accepted.
Submit a $100 application/ assessment fee.
- Checks can be made out to "Hilldale School" or you may pay via paypal (below).
First through Eighth Grade applicants must submit the following official documents:
- Results of standardized testing (Scores from SAT, ACT, CAT, IOWA, STAR, SBAC, etc.)
- Behavior reports (if applicable)
- Results of any educational or behavioral testing
Once all elements of the application are received, the office will contact you to schedule a classroom visit, should we be able to offer an assessment to your child.
- For Kindergarten, we will be holding a "Play Date" where the kids will be assessed in a social setting with other prospective students at their age. These will take place on January 29th, 2021 and February 5th, 2021.
- After the classroom visit, your child may be invited to complete an academic and aptitude assessment with the principal (separate from the classroom visit).
- Entering 1st - 8th grade students are assessed in reading, writing, vocabulary, and math to determine placement. They must show that they are able to benefit from a grade-ahead curriculum.
- After the assessment, parents may be invited to interview with the principal.