Application Timeline and Process
*Students in our T-K and siblings have first priority for placement in our Kindergarten program for the following fall term.
*TK and Kindergarten assessments begin in January for the following fall term.
*Registration Materials are due according to the ISSFBA calendar or one week after the child's acceptance if this occurs outside of the regular time frame. Hilldale School is a member of the Independent Schools of the San Francisco Bay Area (ISSFBA
) and abides by all of its rules and procedures.
APPLICATION DUE DATES:
KINDERGARTEN - EIGHTH GRADE (K-8) DUE DATES:
- Outside of the regular admissions schedule:
- K-8 students will be notified of acceptances on a rolling basis.
- Parents will have one week to make a decision, return their paperwork and deposit. Our Admissions Committee respects your right to make a decision during this week and will not contact you. You are welcome to reach out to us.
The application process for prospective families is as follows. Please note that numbers 1-6 (as applicable) must be completed and received prior to the application deadline:
After the classroom visit, your child may be invited to complete an academic and aptitude assessment with the principal (separate from the classroom visit).
Sign up for a tour of the school facility, during which you will receive an information package, with a member of the admissions team by calling 650-756-4737 or emailing email@example.com.
- Complete the Prospective Parent Informational Form.
- Download, Complete, and Submit the TK - K application or the 1-8th application.
- Sign & Email your child's current teacher the TK - 1st Gr. teacher recommendation form or the 2nd-8th Gr. teacher recommendation form.
- The teacher must complete and send it directly to the school by email, fax, or mail. If a parent sends or delivers the form, it will not be accepted.
Submit a $100 application/ assessment fee.
- Checks can be made out to "Hilldale School" or you may pay via paypal (link below).
First through Eighth Grade applicants must submit the following official documents:
- Results of standardized testing (Scores from SAT, CAT, IOWA, STAR, SBAC, etc.)
- Behavior reports (if applicable)
- Results of any educational or behavioral testing
Once all elements of the application are received, the office will contact you to schedule a classroom visit, should we be able to offer an assessment to your child.
After the assessment, parents may be invited to interview with the principal.
- Entering 1st - 8th grade students are assessed in reading, writing, vocabulary, and math to determine placement. They must show that they are able to benefit from a grade-ahead curriculum.
If you believe you qualify for financial aid, please note that financial aid applications are due along with all other aspects of your application. Please see the FINANCIAL MATTERS page
for the application and more detailed information.