Your child must follow a minimum 5-day quarantine from the onset of symptoms (or the first positive test). Your child may return to school after Day 5 if:
- Your child tests negative for COVID on an antigen test, AND
- All symptoms resolve, AND
- Your child is fever free for at least 24 hours (without medication).
- NOTE: Your child may not return to school if they are symptomatic and positive on an antigen test, as this indicates that they are likely contagious.
- NOTE: If your asymptomatic child returns prior to testing negative (Day 6 or later), they must wear a mask for the duration of the positive period.
Calculating Day 0:
If positive and symptomatic, the day the case first experienced symptoms is Day 0. The next full day is Day 1, regardless of when the case first tested positive.
If positive and asymptomatic, the day the case first tested positive is Day 0. The next full day is Day 1.
In all POSITIVE cases:
- Parents should also notify all close contacts* outside of school.
- The school will notify the class (and teachers) that a child has tested positively in their class.
- No quarantine is required unless they become symptomatic. The class will be tested immediately and between Days 3-5.
*Close Contact means sharing with a person, whether symptomatic or asymptomatic, during the person’s infectious period, the same indoor space or outdoor space for fifteen minutes over a twenty-four-hour period, whether that fifteen minutes occurs in one unit of time, or over a series of incremental periods. Close contact in an outdoor space is defined as being within six feet of an infected person for that fifteen-minute cumulative period.